Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Training videos

What I learned from the videos...

Video #1- Selecting and manipulating objects:
I learned about the selection tools; I learned that the regular dark selection tool selects a whole object and with the direct selection tool, you click on a specific point or drag and select multiple points.

Video #2- Using the line, eraser, and shape tools:
I learned that basic shape tools are a quick way to create a configuration of anchor points and that shape, line, and eraser tools are found in the details area. I did not know about the tear off tool where you can see all the different shapes to choose from in one box.

Video #3- Using the pen tool:
I learned that you select the pen toll and click around, starting to build anchor points and that you do not have to worry about getting it right the first time because you can use the white direct selection tool to modify shapes.

Video #4- Using the paintbrush tool:
I learned to click and drag the cursor to create lines. Double click on the paintbrush tool; fidelity- lowest creates more anchor points, and higher smooths shape with spaced out anchor points.

Video #5- Using the pencil tool:
I learned that the pencil tool is similar to the paintbrush tool, grab and draw with it. I learned that you can make lines, edit lines, select shape then select the pencil tool to edit the shape and rework over the edges. It is the fastest and most dependable way.

Video #6- Scaling, skewing and rotating:
I learned to select object, then scale tool, to change the size of the object. The shear tool is found under the scale tool.

Video #7- Creating point and area type:
I learned that there is point text object which is defined by a single anchor point, type keeps flowing on the same line until the return button is hit. I also learned that in area type object text is inside a frame; you can use the selection tool to re size the frame.

Video#8- Creating type on a path:
I learned to place text along a path, settings for text include: start and end points to determine where text falls on a path. Also, under type and then type on a path, the options include align to path and scaling.

I thought that the first video was the most helpful for me, I never understood the difference between the two arrows, I now understand they are the regular dark selection tool and the direct selection tool. I understand the differences between them and their main functions in illustrator.

I thought that it was helpful to listen to two different presenters. I liked the first one, he was very informative however, after a few videos I was having trouble paying attention. It was a nice change to hear from a different person. I felt that I learned more from the man that created the first six videos than the man that created the last two.

No comments:

Post a Comment